South Shields Museum and Art Gallery
Gallery in South Shields
South Shields Museum and Art Gallery’s is an art gallery located in South Shields, England. Its collection consists of mainly 19th and 20th-century works by British artists located in a 150 year old Victorian building.
With the exception of the occasional nationally recognized artists, the collection is largely local in character. Many paintings are of local scenes and interests with a heavy empasis on maritime subjects and the shipping industry of the River Tyne and North East coast.
The South Shields Museum and Art Gallery appears in our Complete Guide to Visiting South Shields!
This website uses affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you!
- The Word, National Centre for the Written Word (0.5) km
Library in South Shields
- Shields Ferry (0.5) km
Ferry in South Shields
- Arbeia, South Shields Roman Fort (0.6) km
Museum and Roman Site in South Shields
- South and North Marine Parks (0.7) km
Park in South Shields
- North East Maritime Trust (0.7) km
in South Shields
- The Customs House (0.8) km
Arts Venue and Historic Building in South Shields
- Sandhaven Beach (1.3) km
Beach in South Shields
- Tynemouth Castle and Priory (2.3) km
Castle and Church in South Shields
- Frenchman’s Bay (2.7) km
Walk in South Shields
- Jarrow Hall Anglo-Saxon Farm Village and Bede (3.4) km
Museum in South Shields